Monday, September 26, 2011

Eat Dinner With Your Family Day 9/26/2011




Today is the day to actually sit everyone down at the dinner table and eat together.  It's Family Day!!!  Kids who eat with their families are more likely not to drink, smoke or use drugs.  This day was started by CASA in 2001.  Choose to sit down together and eat.  Discuss your children's day (or even your significant other's day) and listen.  I never allow any kind of electronic device at the table.  Never.  That is a time for us to focus on each other.  Our best conversations, as a family, happen around the dinner table.  CASA has also put together a dinner kit for you.

Get your kids talking!!!  I am very adamant about knowing that my child can come to me about anything.  I started early at that, because it's harder to get it to that point the older they get.  She honestly trusts me.  She wants to discuss things with me.  She wants to discuss the good AND the bad as soon as she gets off the bus with me.  My step sons are not as vocal, but I didn't raise them. ;)  Need some help with a conversation starter?  Check out these ideas here!

What will you do this evening?  Share your stories with me.  Share your pictures.  Let me know what "funnies" happened around the table.

Enjoy your family.  Feed their bellies.  Feed their souls.



No comments: